There are a number of reasons that in our opinion make SANA Amsterdam’s collagen products your best pick!
1. Our products contain ingredients all derived from natural sources and are made at a 100% sustainable award winning manufacturing facilities. The products are packed in fully recyclable packaging.
2. All of our supplements contain Norwegian hydrolyzed marine collagen, which is considered as the highest quality of collagen and 100% derived from fish. Because the collagen is hydrolyzed (also known as collagen peptides), it is broken down into more easily dissolvable amino acids, making it easier for digestion and quick absorption by the human body.
3. SANA Amsterdam’s Beyond Collagen and Power Collagen products contain a high amount of collagen compared to other products and provide you a top notch price-to-collagen ratio. We looked at other collagen supplement providers and came up with a formula that will give you, in our opinion, the best daily dosage of collagen. Our collagen is sourced from the best suppliers and will assist you in supplementing your collagen.
4. The variety of other active ingredients found in respectively the Beyond Collagen and Power Collagen products aim to provide you with additional vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can add value to your collagen supplementation. Other active ingredients in SANA Amsterdam’s products are among others Vitamins (Biotin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D), Minerals (Zinc, Calcium), Co-Enzym Q10, Ponkan Unripe Fruit Extract, Acerola Unripe Fruit Extract, Barley Grass Powder and Red Beet Root Powder.
5. We offer our products in two formats, shots and powder sachets, which have great taste, are easy to use and don’t need any additions. Both the shots and sachets are for instant consumption: you can take the shot by drinking it in one go, or, pour the powder from the sachet and let it dissolve under your tongue.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It is one of the major building blocks of bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Collagen is also found in many other body parts, including blood vessels, corneas, and teeth. You can think of collagen as the “glue” that holds all these things together. In fact, the word comes from the Greek word “kólla,” which means glue.
The most common form of collagen in your body is Type 1 collagen (approximately 28 types of collagen have been discovered). This type accounts for 90% of your body’s collagen and is made of densely packed fibers. It’s most common in and provides structure to skin, bone, teeth, tendon, ligaments, cartilage, vascular ligature, and organs.
“So.. Why do I need to take your supplements?”, you ask.
As you age, your body produces less and lower quality collagen. This generally starts around the age of 25. One of the visible signs of this is in your skin, which becomes less firm and supple. Cartilage also weakens with age. Having a healthy level of collagen is necessary for maintaining a healthy body and your natural beauty.
Collagen for supplementation is generally extracted from mammals (most often bovine) or marine animals (most often fish). Marine (or fish) collagen comes from the skin, bones or scales of fish. It is considered one of the best sources of collagen supplementation as it consists of mostly Type 1 collagen, which is the most abundant form in the human body (significantly present in the skin, hair, nails and bones).
All of SANA Amsterdam’s products contain a high amount of Norwegian hydrolyzed marine collagen (i.e. collagen peptides derived from fish), made from the skin and/or bones of deep water fish such as cods and pollocks. This marine collagen is environmentally friendly sourced and 100% derived from fish free of artificial additives to ensure purity and high quality.
Collagen is essential for the human body and is needed for almost all bodily functions – repairing intestinal lining, stabilization of blood sugar, bone strength, balancing cholesterol levels and wound healing.
Scientific research (see our research page) indicates that there are several benefits – especially relating to the skin, bones and muscles – in taking oral collagen supplements. We recommend taking Beyond or Power Collagen products, which are developed with special and unique formulas that contain a high amount of Norwegian Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen.
Several studies have shown that oral collagen supplementation has had beneficial effects on the skin via improvement of skin health, reduction of skin wrinkles, increase of skin elasticity and/or increase of skin moisture levels. Some studies concluded that short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements may also be promising for wound healing and skin aging, as well as hair protecting properties in certain conditions. There are also indications that hydrolyzed collagen supplementation in combination with resistance training improves body composition and increases muscle strength.
A healthy, well-balanced diet is always recommended. However, as you age, your body becomes less efficient in processing and absorbing nutrients. Collagen from food cannot directly be used by our tissues. Collagen is a protein formed by a long chain of amino acids that enzymes in your body must first break down into shorter amino acid chains so it can be used by your body. As our collagen is concentrated hydrolyzed collagen (collagen peptides), it has gone through the enzymatic process of hydrolysis and is already in the form of shorter amino acid chains. This allows your body to quickly absorb and use the collagen. Also, our collagen supplements contain high dosages of collagen, which would otherwise be difficult to consume through a typical diet. Hence, collagen supplements are a great way to replenish and maintain healthy levels of collagen in your body.
As we are all different in our needs, the results will also be different. For example, some will see results after 8 weeks, while others in 12 weeks. We recommend a daily intake for at least 12 weeks for a difference to be notable, especially for differences in your skin texture and appearance.
Based on our own experience, after 4 weeks of consumption, the lipid layer of the skin has doubled with yet no visible result as the effects from collagen supplementation work from inside out. After 12 weeks, wrinkle depth has reduced by 37%, skin texture has improved by 24%, red spots have decreased by 6% and brown spots have decreased by 20%.
Keep in mind: as their name indicates, food supplements are meant to “supplement” a balanced lifestyle, rather than replace healthy habits. Embracing a balanced lifestyle routine overall in combination with our supplements will provide better results.
Since our own production of collagen reduces with age, the benefits of collagen supplementation can only be achieved by continuous consumption on a daily basis. Once consumption is stopped, your levels of collagen are likely to drop again and so will the associated health benefits.
There is no contra-indication for taking our food supplements continuously. On the contrary, our bodies require daily intake of nutrients and minerals which our modern-day diet doesn’t always naturally contain.
Both the Beyond Collagen and Power Collagen lines are great to supplement your daily food intake with!
Beyond Collagen is a combination of a high concentration of Norwegian Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen and carefully selected ingredients such as Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10 and Biotin. This makes Beyond Collagen a perfect beauty product for improving your skin, hair and nails. The Beyond Collagen Shots have an exceptionally high concentration of collagen (10000 mg).
Power Collagen also has a high concentration of Norwegian Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen together with a great selection of ingredients among which are Vitamin D3, Calcium, Vitamin B12, Green Coffee Bean extract and Whey Protein. Power Collagen provides not only the benefits that come with the use of high quality marine collagen, but also focuses on assisting your body’s natural processes and contributes to strong bones, muscle recovery and healthy metabolism. Power Collagen Shots have a high concentration of collagen (5000 mg).
There is no need to choose if you want the benefits of both products as for your convenience we offer mixed bundle subscriptions.
You may combine them with each other, but we recommend that you don’t surpass daily reference intake of some of the (vitamin and mineral) ingredients. For more information, see the product description and the dietary reference values published by the EFSA and the regulating authority of your country.
On days when you are more physically active, we recommend using Power Collagen while on less active days you can use Beyond Collagen. This is why we offer mixed bundles subscriptions to meet your individual needs.
All of our products can be stored at room temperature, just make sure to avoid direct sunlight.